Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No longer a virgin....

Treadmill virgin that is.

So I had finally signed up at the gym where I won that cheap membership. Well the day I did that I wasn't sure how much time I would have to do anything so I didn't bring anything. Well today I went for the first time so I could avoid the cold wind chills we currently have. Well there was a couple newbie mistakes getting started but I got on the machine and got it going no problem. It works on miles so that had me confused for a minute. Thankfully the plan was 5k and I knew that was 3.1 miles. I went slower that I normally run outside but since I was running consistently and unless I was pressing buttons to slow that sucker down I was basically at a set speed. So it was hard to keep it up for that long because I refused to let myself slow it down till cool down time.

And you know what? I liked it. The only thing I didn't like was that I didn't have control of the TV in front of me so I was stuck with something I didn't really care for. The treadmills that had food network or comedy in front of them were all taken and I didn't think it was good to watch from an angle. OK I did try but I could feel myself veering off the side and that would have been embarrassing.

Now I definitely know I'll get all the miles in for this training cycle since crappy weather isn't going to be able to stop me now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment