Friday, September 30, 2011

Spirit

Well after a week of taking it easy for the most part, my legs wanted to keep going. Last night was supposed to be a recovery run and I decided that I would just go. My watch wasn't keep tabs properly as it didn't find the satalites fully before we took off. So I had the time and I knew when I generally hit certain distances so I figured I'd just go with it.

I managed to keep a good pace that was going but wasn't hard. Its been interesting to see how the whole group is taking it easier. We're all being less risky. Like Wednesdays run, we had two options: speed or tempo. I think 3 guys picked speed. The rest of us picked tempo and even then some of us were being careful since injuries so we warmed up to a tempo pace for the last couple km instead of mostly tempo.

A good chunk of our group is doing Chicago next week!!!! and it was really exciting to see that they got their bib numbers after our run last night and see that its really setting in for them. I kinda can't wait till I'm in that spot next week!

But what makes me still excited is that this morning instead of cleaning I watched this.


It was amazing.  I cheered the runners on and I got emotional at parts (I'm sure no one is surprised at that one). Even though it was for the Chicago Marathon in 2005, it was still wonderful and uplifting to watch others that have gone through the training, know what its like to get to race day. I can't wait till I get to the starting line at Scotia.

I already get emotional when I think of the fact that I'm going to run my first Marathon in 16 days. Its still a bit away but its still so close. I fully believe the tagline above

"When you cross the finish line, it will change your life forever"

Regardless of how my race goes, I know I've won and that I'm better for all the training I've put in. That the hardest times of my training where I felt like giving up and switching to the half (btw its too late now Half is sold out so no changing for me now) will be worth the chance to cross that starting line, seeing my family and friend cheer me on and crossing that finish line and being a Marathoner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment