Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Running in the Unknown

Ok not completely the unknown.

For Easter weekend we'll be headed to the Burg where DH and I both lived before we moved to Toronto for college. His parents (and half of his siblings) still live down there. So I do know it. But I've never run down there before.

Thankfully there is MAP MY RUN. I went and looked and found a ton of routes. The only real issue is that most of them head out of town onto the county roads. Yeah I didn't want to do that. So I found a 10k route and improvised it to get my 16k in. Even got a cheat sheet made up with street names on it so I don't get to lost. Plus my phone has GPS so I'm sure that'll come in handy. (In case you can't tell I'm horrible with directions)

It'll be interesting but I have just over a month left before my half and I really don't want to miss anymore long runs. I need them. and Thankfully I don't plan on doing any hill training there. According to the elevation chart on the site there isn't any. So thats a thumbs up compared to my normal long run route. The only downside is the fact that The Weather Network is calling for 60% chance of rain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment