Thursday, August 26, 2010

Off the top of my head.

Raising kids and running don't always go hand in hand. I mean sure the big one wants to run too and can do 1km. But the little one...yeah no. He has a rough night, like last night and therefore I have a rough night and I'm surprised I was able to function at all this morning. Of course that means the planned run for this morning got cancelled. Sure it could have just be moved to tonight but its was farmer's market Thursday and that means lots of fruits and veggies and lots of park. The market we go to in the warmer months is at a local park so you can go let your kids play for hours either at the playground part and/or the wading pool, pick up your food stuff and then head home. This always means bathtime and other fun stuff so I know Thrusday nights are not a good night to run. My fingers are crossed for decent night tonight. That was I can get some time in tomorrow morning.

Today marks 1 month till my first half! I'm excited and nervous. I know I'll do fine but I figure a new outfit for a confidence boost will be a good thing so thats one of my plans over this next while. I gotta look good for those pictures right?

This weekend is going to be a busy one. Saturday morning we're getting up and all hopping into the car to head over to my next race. The Toronto Women's only 10k. Literally half an hour or so afte I finish we're hopping back into the car to drive 4-5 hours south to my In-Laws for my Father In Law's 60th birthday party. and we'll spend the night there and have fun seeing everyone. (its hard to get all 4 siblings together, we need functions like this to do so) So I'll do my race report when we come back.

1 comments:

  1. My sympathy on the bad night. The only thing that enabled me to become a morning runner was the fact that my kids started sleeping better then they used to.

    You should absolutely get yourself a new outfit!

    ReplyDelete