Monday, November 7, 2011

New Week, New Start

Well the party was a success. Everyone had fun. I didn't realize how tiring the day was until after everyone left. Once I didn't have to be "on" I was exhausted.

Even thought I know I didn't hydrate enough (bad bad me) last week I still headed out this morning. It was hard and took some effort to keep going but I did it. It didn't suck but with some goals I have in mind it made me realize that theres some work ahead for me. Its all going to start with getting back to running regularly. I'd like to keep up with my 4 days a week.

 Definitely talking with some of Handy Man's friends at the party helped. They're not runners but this one was amazed that two years I couldn't run down the street and as of now I've done a Marathon. What made it interesting to me was that I just kept repeating that I set a goal and I did the work to get me to that goal. I didn't do anything I consider speical. I started eating better(for the most part, if I'm being honest), I drank more water. I put in the miles. I took care of myself.

And I'm going to continue taking care of myself and putting in some distance, for no other reason then I like running and I like how it makes me feel.

4 comments:

  1. always so interesting to look back at where you came from, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING how far you have come - can't wait to see where you go next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think its awesome what you have done and what you are doing, i stink at getting enough water in sometimes so I totally understand that one.

    ReplyDelete