Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanksgiving and running

First off

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend with friends and family.
Yesterday we went to my parents and enjoyed a yummy turkey dinner. But first we had to make some room. We hit the local pumpkin patch for their karting, hay rides, corn maze and pumpkins of course



Because after dinner there was lots of lazing around. I had made two pies (apple and pumpkin) neither of which I remember to take a picture of and I doubt either one will last the day today.  Later today we're hitting up a Chinese buffet with some of HandyMan's side of the family. What? Chicken balls and rice totally go with Thanksgiving......

So about my running this weekend. The plan called for 16k on Saturday with 6k on Sunday. The original plan was to head to the store with some others for 8am. But my bed was too comfy and Saturday is my usual sleep in day so I slept in till 8 instead. I did manage to be out the door by 9:30 and I'm glad I changed my plans. It was  a wonderful run. You know those ones where you only feel like you ran as far as you did because you listen to lots of songs on your Ipod and your watch shows that you were out for a hour and a bit? Yeah it was one of those. By the end I knew I had done 16 but honestly it felt like I had just did 5.

Then before we hit up Guelph, I did 6k with some friends. One of them was coming back from a  hip flexor issue and was going crazy. So since it was supposed to be long run pace and 10 and 1s we decided to do just a slow continuous pace and see how her hip takes it. She did great and we ran the whole thing just chatting it up. She feels good about the race now.

Which is currently

6 days away!!!!

So the plan for this week is to hydrate, eat well, organize my play list, and get me my shot bloks (our store is out of my favourite flavour) and oh yeah get some rest in there.

BTW- Huge Congrats to Cindy who did her first Marathon yesterday in 4:40:56!!!!!

1 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Awesome on the last long run... don't you wish you could just bottle up runs like that?? Here's hoping for a GREAT day on Sunday. eeek! Rest up & fuel up!

    ReplyDelete