Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Trouble!

Today my baby turned 5!
Guess hes not such a baby anymore huh?
Dear Trouble
5 years ago you decided that you had to make a grand entrance and out do your older brother. He was early and little, well I'll be earlier and smaller! Coming into the world 6 weeks early and scaring the crap out of your parents with your 3lb 14oz little size and a hole in your heart, you've definitely proven that you are a tough one.


That you like to throw caution to the wind is an understatement. You're convinced that your older and bigger than you are and are always trying to push your limits. While I love this about you, I'm not loving the panic attacks and grey hair its giving me. 

Your the only 5 year old that I know with more hospital bracelets than you are years. (I believe our tally is at 7) Yet you amaze me with all the things that go on in your little head.
You are determined and strong willed.


You always know how the perfect time for hugs.  Of course you know how to work that adorable face of yours and twist my arm.
You love trying new things even if I'm not ready for you to take those steps, so you help me grow and push my boundaries as well.


So today is your day my little man.
Happy Birthday to my wonderful risk taking boy.
Happy Birthday to my boy who's not a baby anymore.
Who's growing up to be a fantastic person and I can't wait to see what you accomplish with what you've been give.


In the words of Dr Seuss

"Congratulations!
Today is your day,
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go."


1 comments: